Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A'kin Facial Cleansing Gel Reviews

Review of A’kin Pure Facial Cleansing Gel
By Nadine D.

Packaging The A’kin Pure Facial Cleansing Gel comes packaged in a cream, squeezable flip top bottle with orange writing. I was really looking forward to trying this product as I head read lots about A’kin products and liked their ethos.

Application The directions on the bottle tell you to apply a small amount of A’kin Pure Facial Cleansing Gel to the face and décolletage, massage and rinse off. A small amount is really all you need, too much and it is a little too drying due to the witch hazel. The gel is really cooling on your skin and feels silky smooth. It is easy to apply and wash off. It suggests that it is ideal to use in the shower and I really liked this idea. In fact, it is now part of my morning shower routine.

Ingredients The ingredients were not listed on the bottle of A’kin Pure Facial Cleansing Gel, so I found the information online. Many of the ingredients were of botanical or natural sources. I was already aware that all A’kin products are vegan and halal, 100% natural botanical aromatherapy and formulated without animal ingredients or animal testing. They are also free from parabens, mineral oils, silicones, sulfates, synthetic fragrances, artificial colours, propylene glycol, DEA (MEA, TEA), and ethoxylated and petrochemical cleansers, so I was very comfortable using this product on my skin.

Results This A’kin Pure Facial Cleansing Gel is so easy to use. My skin feels soft and cleansed after use and I have not suffered from any breakouts since I started using it. The fragrance is light and fresh and not at all overpowering. I was slightly disappointed to find that it did not remove make-up as effectively as my usual wash off cleanser. My toner pad showed more residue than usual and it did not remove hardly any mascara. However, this is an ideal product to use in the morning, especially in the shower as it suggests. I will continue to use this product in the morning as it feels so light on your skin.

Pros: Very economical. I have been using A’kin Pure Facial Cleansing Gel twice per day, every day and the bottle still feels full!
Easy to apply and wash off.
Did not irritate my skin or sting my eyes.
Excellent for use in the shower.
Skin feels very fresh and smooth after use.
Value for money.

Cons: Did not remove make-up as well as my usual cleanser.
· Very easy to squeeze the bottle a little too hard and get too much gel.

A’kin Pure Facial Cleansing Gel (£13.99) and other A’kin products are available at naturisimo.com

No comments: