Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Trevarno Organic Day Cream Reviews

Review of Trevarno Organic Day Cream

By Joanna E.

Packaging: Trevarno packaging is a feast for the eyes! Trevarno Organic Day Cream comes in a deep pink glass jar with silver coloured lid, which is of course recyclable, but who would want to get rid of such a splash of colour! The jar is packaged within a box, again recyclable, with the trademark Trevarno peacock feather in its design.

Application: Trevarno organic Day Cream has a recommended daily use for face and neck but I also used it around my eyes with no problems at all. The cream, which is slightly creamy in colour, has a very smooth and silky texture, very tactile in feel, which glides easily onto the skin and is absorbed extremely well. My skin is slightly dry in places and slightly oily in others and I found that I only needed to use a pea sized amount of the cream for my whole face and neck. My skin did absorb the cream very well, leaving it very soft and with a slight glow, rather than a matt complexion and my skin did stay that way for the whole day, which was impressive. It has a very delicate aroma, which does gently last but is in no way overpowering. Trevarno also say that this cream can be used as a make up base, which I haven’t done.

Ingredients: I am impressed by the fact that the majority of the ingredients in Trevarno products are organic and they have very impressive credentials for the ingredients they use, being certified by the Organic Farmers and Growers. Trevarno Organic Day Cream includes some excellent choices for the skin such as sunflower, jojoba and carrot oils with essential oils of lavender, geranium and Palmerosa, a combination which balances and hydrates the skin. All their products are suitable for vegetarians and vegans and no animal testing is done. As the company don’t use harsh chemicals and preservatives, their Day Cream has a shelf life of around 12 months, which is a decent length as the cream will easily be used within that time.

Results: Using the Trevarno cream daily has left my skin feeling very soft and nourished. I’m impressed with how quickly and easily the cream was absorbed, with no stickiness remaining on my skin. The skin around my eyes can be quite dry, but I have had no problems since using the cream. I still have small lines around my eyes, but they do look softer and my skin feels good, so I am more than pleased with this Trevarno Day Cream. It is a fair price for a product with such good ingredients and the jar will last a good length of time.

Pros:

The cream is easily absorbed, with no stickiness and has left my skin feeling nourished

Small lines around my eyes are softer

The company has excellent credentials and the ingredients list is well thought out

Suitable for all skin types

No animal products are used and no testing done on animals

Cons:

Can’t really think of any, but if I am nit-picking, then to have the list of ingredients on the jar would be handy, rather than just on the box.

Trevarno Organic Day Cream (£10.34) and Trevarno products are available at naturisimo.com

No comments: