Monday, October 26, 2009

Barefoot Botanicals S.O.S Rescue Me Face & Body Cream

Review of Barefoot Botanicals S.O.S Rescue Me Face & Body Cream
By Rachelle S.

Packaging
The Barefoot Botanicals S.O.S Rescue Me Face & Body Cream comes in an unmarked plastic tube with plastic cap. The tube is inside a cardboard box with a paper leaflet. It is a shame the plastic tube is unmarked because I like to recycle packaging wherever I can. The cardboard carton, however, is from a renewable resource.

Application
I shared the Barefoot Botanicals S.O.S Face & Body Cream with a friend - I have sensitive skin with the odd dry, itchy patch, but my friend has psoriasis so we were both able to trial it for different reasons.
The cream is very rich and I was worried it was going to be too greasy and difficult to apply; or that I would need so much the tube would provide poor value for money.
As it turns out, this cream is lovely; both my friend and I agree. My irritation was instantly calmed with this soothing cream – I used it actually on the dry patches rather than as an overall face or body cream because I wanted to make this tube last as long as I could! It’s like a soothing salve and it moisturizes straight away. You can almost feel your skin taking in the goodness and I would imagine it would be a great product to use in the summer when your skin can get dried out from the sun and wind.
The smell is delicious too; mild and calming, much like the texture of the product.

Ingredients
This Barefoot Botanicals SOS Cream contains some beautiful nourishing oils such as jojoba, starflower (borage), evening primrose and Vitamin E which provide omega’s 3, 6 and 9. We’re all told how healthy these are for our body and it’s the same for our skin! It has herbal extracts which soothe inflammation and irritation such as comfrey, chickweed and calendula along with calming essential oils of chamomile and lavender. I would have no hesitation to put this on a baby’s or child’s skin as it is so gentle. I think it would be a godsend for parents of children with eczema. The ingredients are shown in English as well as Latin which I like; I feel more empowered to know exactly what I am buying and using. There are no harsh chemicals, it is suitable for vegans and this product is cruelty free.

Results
This Barefoot Botanicals product is instantly soothing; it’s almost the sort of thing to keep in a First Aid box! Both my friend and I loved using it as it provided rapid relief to itching, irritation or that dry, tight feeling. After a few days of using it on my elbows there is a noticeable difference, so I’m going to continue using it. My friend’s psoriasis is definitely calmer and she’s going to try this next time she has a flare up. A little goes a long way, so the cream provides good value for money and it’s heaps better than using a steroid skin cream for eczema on babies and children.

Pros:
Provides instant relief for irritated skin.
No nasty chemicals, so suitable for people with allergies
Safe enough to use on children and brilliant for steroid free alternative for eczema.
Gorgeous scent; really soothing and calming

Cons:
Non recyclable plastic tube – I like to recycle all I can
Plastic cap eventually broke; which was inconvenient, but not the end of the world.

Barefoot Botanicals S.O.S Rescue Me Face & Body Cream (£17.57) and other Barefoot Botanicals products are available at naturisimo.com

No comments: