Friday, December 4, 2009

Weleda Skin Food Reviews

Review of Weleda Skin Food
By Sandra C.

Packaging This Weleda Skin Food cream comes in a recyclable aluminium tube which is good in keeping it fresh though the packaging looks boring. But I really don’t care as long as it is effective in what it claims to do. The only setback of Weleda Skin Food is that the aluminium tube can crack easily after you have squeezed the tube for a couple of times. And it can be really messy when the cream leak through the crack.

Application Weleda Skin Food is a repair cream for dry patches of skin and basically you can use it for the whole body including face. The texture is very thick which you can imagine with its function. I like to apply them on any area with chapped, flaky skin such as the elbow or ankle area. I even tried it on my face. At first, I found Weleda Skin Food extremely thick to just apply it directly on my face. So I squeezed a pea size amount and then rubbed it gently on my finger tips before I patted it on my face, especially on the area around my lips and my cheek. It was actually absorbed much quicker and it didn’t feel thick at all.

Scent One thing I find off-putting in many organic skincare is that the scent is always awful. But the scent of Weleda skin food is actually quite nice. It is sort of a combination of fruity and lavender smell. It is not strong or overpowering at all.

Ingredients It was made with organic sunflower seed oil, chamomile, calendula and rosemary extract which are effective to soothe your skin. Weleda Skin Food doesn’t have any parabens or harmful chemicals. However, it has alcohol and fragrance (derived from natural essential oil) which might be irritating for some people.

Result Overall, I really like to use the Weleda Skin Cream as a repair cream. I like to apply it on my face whenever I put on the heating as the central heating always caused dehydration and allergy on my face. But the few nights I used skin food, when I woke up in the morning, it really made a difference on my face. My skin looked supple and soft.

Pros: Weleda skin food does its job to repair dry skin.
The scent is pleasant.
The price is reasonable and it is like my rescue balm in harsh winter.

Cons: The cream has alcohol and fragrance.

Weleda Skin Food (£6.95) and other Weleda products are available at naturisimo.com

No comments: