Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Nude Cleansing Facial Oil Reviews

Review of Nude Cleansing Facial Oil
By Sue B.


Packaging: Nude Cleansing Facial Oil is available in a 100ml rectangular plastic bottle with a pump dispenser; I tested a 30ml sample size. The Nude logo is on the front of the bottle along with the name of the product. The text is dark grey on a light mauve bottle which is a good contrast and can be read easily. Application instructions are on the reverse of the bottle. There is a small sticker on the bottom of the sample bottle which has the postal and website address for Nude Skincare. There is also a symbol stating that the plastic bottle can be recycled.


Application: The light oil is quickly warmed in your hands and applied to a dry face, then formed into a light milk by adding a small amount of water. After massaging the face, rinse off. There is a mild scent to the oil.

Ingredients: Omega 3 and Vitamin E are the only
ingredients listed on the bottle but, looking on the website, the oil consists of a blend of soybean, vegetable and olive oil with essential oils too. The ingredients are not organic but natural, with high performing anti-ageing results which are in all Nude Skincare Products. Nude Cleansing Facial Oil has a shelf life of six months after opening.

Results: I was a bit sceptical of using the Cleansing Facial Oil to cleanse my face as I usually prefer a face wash and water. I thought it would leave my skin feeling greasy but I found Nude Cleansing Facial Oil left my skin feeling moisturised and soft, unlike my usual face wash, which tends to leave it gasping for moisturiser. I will definitely consider changing to Nude Cleansing Facial Oil as it reports to have anti-ageing benefits which my dehydrated skin is in need of. I’m not sure if I like the smell though.

Pros:
Nude Cleansing Facial Oil is a UK brand which has a sustainable, ethical and carbon neutral ethos, therefore the bottle is recyclable.
Nude Cleansing Facial Oil is much less drying to the skin than a face wash and water. It corrects the signs of ageing while also hydrating and softening it.


Cons:
It isn’t organic – my first choice when buying skin care products.
The only information on the bottle was regarding application – I would’ve preferred a list of ingredients too.


Nude Cleansing Facial Oil (£24.00) and Nude Skincare Products are available at naturisimo.com

No comments: