Monday, June 21, 2010

A'kin Rose Day Creme Review

Review of A'kin Rose Day Creme
By Gillian L.

Packaging - The A'kin Rose Antioxidant day cream 50ml comes in a recyclable plastic tub, in a box, which is light and easy to pack and ideal for air travel.

Application - A'kin Rose Antioxidant Day Creme is light, but rich anti -oxidant day cream is described as “anti- wrinkle “ moisturiser for all skin types. Apply to cleansed and toned skin with gentle circular motion. It is ideal as a make up base.

Ingredients -A’Kin products are produced in Australia from the finest natural ingredients. All ingredients are certified organic (where possible) and are 100% natural, vegan and not tested on animals. It is a l light but very moisturising formula containing essential oils, anti -oxidants and vitamins. The active ingredients include vitamins A,B5, C and E and omega 3,6 and 9 essential fatty acids ,jojoba seed oil, olive oil ,avocado oil and rose oil. The rose oil gives it a wonderful delicate, summery scent.

Results - I have combination skin which is also very chemically sensitive and I can only use essential oils in face products, so often tend to use unscented products. Akin
Rose Antioxidant Day cream is a great find as it is delicately scented without being overpowering or irritating. It applied easily although it did leave a tacky residue for 10mins or so, but this may have been because my skin isn’t particularly dry. I also used it on my hands with excellent results. The cream left my skin feeling silky soft ,smooth and supple and the scent was very theraputic.I have never before been asked what I use on my face,but a friend commented it was glowing! I love this product and will certainly be stocking up ,once finished.

Pros -
Gorgeous scent but suitable for sensitive skins
- Ethically sound ,pure ,organic and vegan ingredients - Excellent value for money. I would estimate the tub to last 4 - 6 months at least.

Cons - the only drawback is the plastic packaging which means that the essential oils will not keep as long. I don’t see a product shelf life on the packaging but similar products in plastic containers have short shelf lives. The white and blue lettering is fine but the black top spoils the packaging.


A'kin Rose Antioxidant Day Creme (£19.99) And Akin Products Are Available From Naturisimo.com

No comments: