Friday, September 11, 2009

John Masters Organics Lavender & Rosemary Shampoo


Review of John Masters Organics Lavender & Rosemary Shampoo
By Beverley S.

My first reaction upon receiving the John Masters shampoo was the fact the bottle appeared to be glass but it wasn’t. It is plastic but looked like a quality glass bottle which I would happily display in my bathroom. I loved the fact it was opaque brown as I felt this preserved the ingredients from the direct light. Directions were clear to read in white text. The complete list of ingredients isn’t on the bottle but I presume these are on the box of the full size bottle. Although there was no dispenser top I liked the fact the screw top sealed well when using it in the shower.

I use John Masters products but was doubtful that one which was labelled for Normal Hair would have given results on my very fine, dry hair as I tend to buy a richer formula. The John Masters Organics Lavender & Rosemary shampoo has a beautiful dark golden colour gel texture which I really loved, plus the smell was definitely as stated on the bottle; Rosemary & Lavender. I loved the fact there was no artificial ‘perfume’ smell, in fact I enjoyed the natural aroma before I even started to wash my hair.

The fact it wasn’t a runny shampoo meant all of it was used on my scalp and hair- I didn’t loose half the product before my hands reached my head. I thought I had used quite a lot, but when I looked at the amount used I was pleasantly surprised as my hair felt clean and the shampoo rinsed out easily.

The directions on the back suggested using John Masters Organics Citrus & Neroli Detangler for light conditioning. I had this conditioner and was able to complete my hair treatment.

I have the type of hair which will definitely show when a shampoo isn’t suitable, even before I dry and style it. I was very pleased to feel my hair still felt like ‘hair’ and it still felt lovely the next day. I didn’t need to add any more products the following day or even think my hair needed washing again.

My hair wasn’t weighed down with the John Masters Lavender Rosemary shampoo and the colour was revived. It felt conditioned with minimal additional products needed to keep it smooth. I really feel this is helping to balance my hair and the condition of my scalp, I would be happy to continue to use the shampoo keeping the more Intensive one as an occasional treatment.

John Masters Organics Lavender & Rosemary Shampoo (£15.61) and other John Masters products are available at naturisimo.com

No comments: