Monday, September 14, 2009

Lavera Basis Organic Jojoba & Shea Butter Lip Balm


Review of Lavera Basis Organic Jojoba & Shea Butter Lip Balm
By Ruth H.

Unlike some other ‘sensitive’ lip balms, this Lavera product really does work. Packaged in a pretty shade of green, its simple straightforward design matches the product it contains. I was pleased to see the ‘lipstick style’ packaging rather than a pot, as it makes the product more practical and hygienic to use.

The Lavera Basis Organic Jojoba & Shea Butter Lip balm itself is slightly difficult to apply as it’s so thick, but does last quite well. It only needs to be re-applied after eating or drinking, and as it has no taste it doesn’t taint food. Being so thick, it is probably too heavy to wear in warmer weather as it feels sticky once applied, but would be brilliant at protecting lips in cold weather. That said, I wore the Lavera balm on a relatively warm day when I went running and it lasted well throughout the run, preventing my lips drying out. My skin can be sensitive and react badly to new products, but I had no problems with this balm at all.

If you don’t like using balms you can feel on your lips then this Lavera basis lip balm probably isn’t for you, but otherwise it would be a worthwhile investment. Overall, I would probably be tempted to buy this balm and look forward to using it in the colder months when I feel it will perform at its best.

Lavera Basis Organic Jojoba & Shea Butter Lip Balm (£2.20) and other Lavera products are available at naturisimo.com

No comments: